life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Caught in a picture.

For the past 5 years, the month of March meant Leesburg Art Festival.  I never intended for it to be, it just became.  Looking back I cannot tell you if it was a good thing or a bad thing….It just was.  It began in the way back in the 80’s and after 2 shows there, I knew this is not going to ever be a selling show and I never did it again until 2013, when I was asked to be the poster artist.  After several years of being off the art show circuit, I dusted off the tent and went back out on the streets.  Although there were sales, it was not enough to call me back as an artist but I did go back…as a creative facilitator, served on the Board of Directors, I helped with the “Patron Program”, I coached emerging artists program, and I did “Walk with the Expert” (it is too complicated to explain) but I remained a part of it.  This is the first year that I am not a part of it and it is a bit strange and liberating at the first time. Sometimes you get accidentally caught in a picture. I do not regret the “giving” I do regret the running away from me and my own work.  I got caught in my own picture of what I thought a good, successful, popular artist should be and quit being the artist that I am.
"I Don't Want to Wait"  Paula Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment