life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Until I pointed it out!

They got my name backward!  And…. I can raise hell, crab and bitch.  But….I cannot change it… my only choice is how I react. It is the only thing I have control over.  For a control freak…I tend to hold on to that one with absolute, intense sincerity!  So the question always becomes, when to let go and when to stand up or enforce my boundaries.  For all of the years I have donated and taught there at Casselberry, I thought they would know my name…so I think my feelings should be really hurt and a bit more offended than regular!  But what does it get me?  They will not reprint the poster.  I think what I have learned is that my expectations of having a little more attention in exchange for the time I have given them did not exist.  And NO, it does not work like that.  The lesson is…if I donate something even my time, I cannot expect anything in return. It was my decision to donate. The joy has to be in the act of giving, NOT in expected returns.  And the reality is…the font is so small, I bet I am the only one that noticed!
...until I pointed it out!
"No Such Thing"  John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment