life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, March 31, 2018

I found my magic in the aloneness…

Some people want to call any woman that does not fit in with the social norms a “wild woman”.  I guess that makes them feel better.  I think they want to like wild women, but it scares them.  Maybe they are not ready to let go of the rules. But it has been my experience that letting go is the only way to live a wonderful life, even though I personally have been a bit late arriving at this truth. I have learned to listen to what speaks to my soul.  I know that I have to be smart enough to know and find what I need.  I have to be strong enough to know I need to do this alone. And finally brave enough to trust that God, the Universe or Source (One…all 3…or maybe something none of us have ever been able to imagine yet) will guide me. Historically and religiously we have all been taught and told we had to be part of a tribe for safety and security.   I have no doubt that there is a marvelous advantage of like minded close-knit groups of friends and family.  What they neglected to teach us is that in birth, death and many other important critical moments of life happens in our aloneness. If being alone is uncomfortable it allows the seeds of doubt to take root and turns important life moments into frightening and painful occurrences. What makes big life events so scary is there is no choice, the outcome is unknown and we have to do them alone.  I think I found my magic when I learned this…I know this in the deepest part of me. I know in my heart that the alone times are intended to be powerful spiritual encounters.  Alone is how they are intended to be experienced.  I celebrate and dance in the aloneness of a full moon every month. Alone does not mean I am depressed or not loved…alone is my opportunity to be bright… and beautiful… and strong just like the full moon… it is how I am reminded to celebrate my life!
"Moon Dance" Van Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment