life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Ongoing Mystery...

“Not My Cat” appears to have taken up permanent residence here, however, his name remains “Not My Cat”.  As a homeowner, I still assert that I have some rights but when it comes to this cat, I think I am losing the battle. 

One of the high signs that he is not only moved in but is now in the process of taking over the place seems to be knocking things over and off.  His favorite place to do this is my bedroom dresser!  In addition to being right next to my bed, guaranteed to get my attention, it was also an incredibly “target rich environment! There is always a crap load of prescription bottles (all meds that I need to take multiple times during the day and night).  I confess there are times that I am just in a hurry and really quite tired of negotiating child proof caps and do not always get the lids securely screwed back on. BUT….the ongoing mystery is how the hell does he know which bottles have the loose lids. Those are the bottles that are the first to go over the edge with pills spilling out all over the floor EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a dresser attack.  I wish I could count how many times I have gotten up in the middle of the night taken one step toward the bathroom and found pills between my toes.

OK….“Not My Cat”… I have taken evasive maneuvers by cleaning out a top dresser drawer and putting all the meds in the drawer.  Bring it on I am ready for you, now!  Yes, I know...I have picked a fight with a 9 pound scrappy stray cat and really have no chance of winning the war..but I think I will win this battle.
"King of Anything"  Sara Barelles

No comments:

Post a Comment