life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Flat Squirrels

Long ago and far away…. I had an accountant!  There was a time in my life that I had a need and I could afford an accountant….at the same time!  I know…I know…astonishing but true!  Although he taught me so much about money and business the advice that I will cherish for the rest of my life was his scolding me when I was dragging my feet about making a business decision.   Every time I feel myself procrastinating I can hear his voice in my head “Cheryl…not making a decision…IS MAKING A DECISION”. I had really never thought of my stalling as doing anything more than just plain “NOT DOING ANYTHING”.  Somehow I had justified not doing anything or not making a decision as not having any consequences.  In other words, as soon as I made a decision, that decision was up for public scrutiny, criticism and open for consequences…before that I was good.  No complaints, no judgment, no consequences are what came along with no decision. But he was right and I was oh so wrong!!! There comes a time when decisions, right, wrong or indifferent must be made.  And holy crap how I still hate that and flat squirrels.
"Can't Rush Your Healing"  Trevor Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment