life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

"Healing" It is not what I thought it would be!

I am not special because I am dying…I think I am special because I have learned what healing is….and it was not what I thought it would be!  Typical healing is what the body does.  It does it, without much participation on my part.  Healing is what our body was built to do!  Have you ever really watched a cut on your finger heal?  It just does!  No guidance, prayers, special medical intervention necessary.   But the real and the most critical healing happened in my heart and head!  There will come a time in every single person’s life that healing slows or quits happening because of age, or disease or an accident.  Fighting and struggling to hold on to something that is guaranteed will happen to all of us is really just kind of ridiculous!  But a whole lot of people have figured out how scared we are to die and they are making a bloody (no pun intended) fortune off our fears! 

Healing is accepting reality and being prepared for it and that is going to look different for each of us.  For some it may be being at peace with the concept of life after death, for others, it might be living in the now and for even others, it is going to mean fighting and hope that a miracle will happen and they will continue the life they knew. 

I have no claim on what it is for others, nor do I expect others to agree with or accept my life decisions.  All I know for certain is that when I became comfortable with death I was healed from most of the fear. Life got so much better, fun, open, forgiving, easy, important, challenging, adventurous, loving and the list goes on and on.  Real healing happens in my heart and soul and is about learning, accepting and being comfortable with the fact that life has limits, but death does not.  Keeping our hands tightly gripped on what we think we know keeps us from opening them to accept all of the amazing gifts available to us!  It really is much easier than most of us think it is!

                "You Had Time" Ani DiFranko

No comments:

Post a Comment