life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

I am seriously mobile again!

Well, this may not be too exciting for the rest of the world…but for me it is so big!  Before my mother died she was on oxygen and had this small portable oxygen concentrators (which would let you go much longer than the tanks).  Last year before the NY museum trip my sister, still had Mother’s portable O2 machine that sat unused for more than 2 years, which according to the manual needs to be run at least an hour a week.  Unfortunately, by the time it arrived here…it did not work, with lots of warnings not to open the case, only to be serviced by qualified technicians …but alas…the company had since been sold or gone out of business and there seemed to be no such thing as a functioning Inova Lab Lifechoice Portable O2 concentrator service provider…not on Google or the dozens of other O2 manufacturers that I spoke to on the phone.  So I rented one for the trip and this little hickey sat silently in the storage room until a few weeks ago.  Skip decided what have we got to lose? He broke the rule, opened up and dickered around with it including replacing the lifetime rechargeable battery.  A little more dickering and WA-LA it is working.  Yay….I am seriously mobile again!  Sometimes ya just got to break their rules!!


"Nobody Ever Told You" Carrie Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment