life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, January 22, 2018

after a while...you learn...


This is one of my Mother’s favorite poems.  It mysteriously turned up today. The Universe has a sneaky way of making a point. The lesson is I need to be stronger, I can endure this and I do not need to wait for anyone else’s flowers. I have the grace of a woman and the creativity of an artist, my head held high. I am not proud of all I have done but I am certain now,  that even those things are an important part of my life, growth, and learning.  I no longer want to blame, regret or struggle to understand what I cannot change. I am not what others want me to be nor can I grieve that I have failed them.  I cannot build roads to the future or regret the paths I have already taken.  I am simply using the time and energy I have to celebrate life….where I am… right now.
"Galileo" Indigo Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment