life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

and the list goes on....

I am in…I am in!  Just got an email accepting both of my entries….Nude Nite 2018!    Seems hard to believe that that it was almost 6 years ago that I put this one on my bucket list…and this will officially be my 6th year of having work accepted into Nude Nite. It never gets old and I am so excited…For the last few years, it has been the most wonderful way to creatively launch into the New Year.  I emerge from the Holidays with a serious sense of panicked creativity…as so many of my friends and family point out I seem to thrive creatively when I am on a tight deadline…I think it is more than that. I do not have time to change my mind and work a piece to death.  Although I have to admit I still manage to work and rework the hooey out of everything, on a deadline I just do it faster.

For some time now I was really doing well ticking off the items on my bucket list, then I really slowed down…I could hear an ugly little whisper in my ear asking “You know what will happen when you finish this list.”  Perhaps it is time to update my list, maybe those things that have not been done, should not be done. Maybe others need to be done again….The list goes on…
"Naked"  Nakshimi Devi

6 comments: