life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, June 29, 2015

No Religion, Only Love...


I accepted Christianity as a child and as a young adult not out of belief or faith, but out of expectation.  It was what was expected of me.  Over the years there has been a litany of bad experiences and for me, Christianity became my official “you are not good enough” authority. I quietly released all of the negative damaging feelings it created and for years have lived my life doing the best I can, to love and do no harm to anyone.  It has been just that simple.  I never questioned, condemned or belittled those that have their faith and receive comfort from their religion.  So, I was completely hurt and surprised when my affirmation of love for the US Supreme court ruling allowing legal rights of gay marriage in all 50 states was met on line by vile hateful words full of judgement from a friend that was a pastor. I have sent him love wished him well, and removed him from my friend list. 
No more Jesus, God, Heaven, Hell, Satan or Bible...... only love.
"Imagine"  John Lennon

1 comment: