life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, December 5, 2019

The glorious mess that I am...


Today marks the end of 4 months and the beginning of the 5th I have been alone.  His death still marks my time weekly and monthly. August 5th feels like yesterday and years ago at the same time and I struggle to keep track because my emotions and grief play terrible tricks on my perception of time in both my heart and head.  One of the things I have learned is how awkward it is to be around people.  I work so hard to smile, blend in, NOT to talk about it so no one is uncomfortable, but it is exhausting and painful to pretend that I am recovered, and back to normal.  I know most people want and expect the old me, and I try, but to be so profoundly changed, grieving, and so different at the same time is brutal.  I do not want anyone to feel sorry for me, I just wish I could share this grief.  But until then I am learning to accept me, and the glorious mess that I am.
"Gray Street"  Dave Mathews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment