life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, December 14, 2019

45 Years ago today....


The holidays, anniversaries, birthdays and family celebrations are centered on gratitude and abundance. In my deepest grief in an effort to feel better I will force myself to seek out things I am grateful for.  Listing in my head and heart all of the things that still remain and I remember there are others that have it so much worse.  It seems like a good idea, and this kind of gratitude is in keeping with the holiday season. But gratitude and grief don’t cancel each other out, they exist side by side. Focusing on one while ignoring the other, gratitude or grief, regardless of which one it is, does not bring less pain or less heartache. I am learning how to allow them the coexist AND experience both of them fully!

So today I cannot celebrate our anniversary with you and I am still grieving your loss in ways that create unbearable pain …but I realize that I can also celebrate the life we had.  It was not perfect, but it was a great life you gave me!  I love you, I miss you, happy 45th anniversary!
"Nothing Stays the Same" Luke Singh

No comments:

Post a Comment