life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Amazon is my Hero!


I know this is going to look and sound silly, but here goes anyway!  I read a quote the other day that said: “Those that are living focus on dying, those that are dying focus on living.” And I will add my own addendum “and being independent in my own home is a big ass deal!!! So, this little doo-hickey may not look like a big deal to you but for me, it will be fantastic!  Hand-held shower heads are the most spectacular things…when you can reach them.  However, the shower stool and my diminishing inability to reach up…is making showering a bit dicey!  After looking at all kinds of possibilities, including the obvious of installing additional grab bars and praying that the old ceramic tile would not crack when the drilling begins, the cost or having a weirdo stranger in my bathroom to install it. I was at a frustrating standstill of what to do short of sponge baths or not showering at all, and believe neither is a good option. Then there was Amazon!  And this suction cup doo-hickey holds a showerhead that you can put it anywhere on your wall came up in my search! This means I will not have to stand up in the shower at all to reach the showerhead.  Amazon is my hero for $9.99 and there will be no weirdos in my bathroom!
"Express Yourself" Charles Wright and 103rd St. Band

No comments:

Post a Comment