life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Roadblocks!


Surviving roadblocks!  I know it might sound silly to most, but roadblocks to recovery pop up daily. One of the biggest I have found is giving away your “things”. Your truck, your clothes and this weekend the boys came and I wanted them to have your fishing stuff, watches, coin collections, metal detectors, tools, family heirlooms, and your guns.   As much as I want to and know in my heart you would want them to have them too, each time it feels like I am giving away parts of you, I am letting go of you over and over and over again.  It hurts but to do anything else would not be right either.  These were things my son and grandsons could use and enjoy and perhaps remind them of much you loved them. I am reminded of the proverb that I will misquote here…You cannot open your hands to accept the new gifts of life if you have your hands clenched around the old things.  I am learning that holding on the “things” does not make me feel good, holding on to our love and memories does.  The stuff has become a roadblock that may be
keeping me from moving forward.


"Give Me Peace, Give Me Hope"  George Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment