life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, December 9, 2019

Holy Crap Holidays....


This time of year, seems to add an extra measure of "holy crap".  Christmas, 45th wedding anniversary, and the New Year, it feels like I am already bearing more than I can, more than I should ever have to. There is the heaviness of all the ways I miss you and the traditions that have gone flat.  Death sours the season in ways that I could not have ever known or understood.

I have always loved the holidays. There are parts of me that want the traditions to stay exactly the same, other times I want to change everything make it new, start fresh. But right now, I think I would rather just hide in my blanket fort until the whole thing is over and adding insult to injury… it is another Monday …always a good day for a blanket fort.  I have no idea how I will survive, just fairly certain as long as I have a blanket fort that I will.

"Thinking Outloud"  Ed Sheeran

No comments:

Post a Comment