life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, December 7, 2019

I lie.....


People ask…and I lie!  

It does not matter where or who, the first thing they ask, out of true concern is “How are you doing?” My “go-to” answer is I am fine.  That is what I want you to hear.  But it is a lie.  I am not fine.  I did not go to a Christmas party last night with wonderful art friends and gallery owners because I just could not face them.  I turned down an invitation to another party next weekend for the same reason. (That and I should not be driving at night, or at all for that matter!)  I fell flat on my tail bone in the bathtub this week (not a pretty picture) and it still hurts like the dickens, the cat drug in another rat, a leftover from the now-empty hoarder house next door, and I came as close to passing out, without actually collapsing, chasing him and the rat back outside. The house inspection for new homeowners’ insurance did not go well, because so many building codes have changed and the house is 50 years old. My TV remote quit working and I cannot understand what the technical support people are asking me to do to fix it….thank goodness for Roku, at least I can change the channels.  Just another normal week without you, I am fine....but I lie.
"I Won't Last a Day Without You"  Paul Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment