life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, January 21, 2019

Wish I had figured this our earlier!

This was a difficult and confusing concept for a small southern town Episcopalian and red-headed daughter (that stuck out like a sore thumb) of the only architect. On one hand, I was often told who was and who was not an appropriate person to befriend based on a small community‘s social and financial standing, giving me the ridiculous idea that I had been endowed with all some privileged (“holier than thou”) traits simply by birth. On the other hand, I was also told privately and consistently what a disappointment and failure I was. It was incredibly confusing!!! I think as a result I always felt and identified more with the free spirits that did not give a rats rump about the social norms, but I was too afraid to openly embrace them!

Now I know, finally NOW I know...I think I have known for a long long time, just never really knew how to put it into words. I am just different and so are the most amazing, interesting, remarkable, and fearless people I know and adore... it is the most wonderful thing! Wish I had the wisdom and intelligence to figure it out much much earlier!
"I'm a Loser" The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment