life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, January 10, 2019

My own little retrospective!

The studio closet HAS to be cleaned out so the new AC/Heat system can be installed. There is absolutely no other reason I would take on this kind of lousy job!  The drain pipe and copper tubes run through the backs of this closet one other kitchen closet and the pantry.  If I ever find who came up with this “better idea” ... I may throttle them!

Aside from my exhaustion and grousing….It has been an interesting visual walk through my creative career.  For the first time ever, as all this old artwork that never sold, or I changed my media enough that I could no longer include it in my outdoor art show category was dragged out and reorganized to get ready for all of this AC/Heat construction. I got to see 30+ years of my art and how I have grown and changed.  It was interesting and something I had never really thought about or would have done for that purpose.

There was texture and dimension even in my early watercolor work, I did not realize what a big part of me and my work it is and apparently has been all along  Too actually see it be born and develop and now watching it morph and grow into 3D work with sculpture was really interesting.  But still there was a ton of shit that just needed to be pitched and I need to temporarily stash the other works somewhere in the studio until the work is done and I can put it all back…

It was like my own little “retrospective”!   
What is in the picture is not even close to all of it!  YIKES!!!
 
"You Have Lived"  Don McLean

No comments:

Post a Comment