life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, January 17, 2019

I'm going to Nude NIte!




I am so eXcITeD!!!! Me and my girls (both of them) are going to Nude Nite! Feb. 14-15-16

This is the part of life where I seriously question my strengths and energy to continue to do some of the things I really love doing.  Creating is one of those things.  So much of who and what I am hinges on my ability to create. I am absolutely certain it is the main reason my heart continues to beat so strongly. Now Ed (the hospice nurse)  will tell you the meds may have something to do with it…but I KNOW.  

When I could no longer do the layered paper pastels (there was a serious breathing issue with all of the fixative) I had to do something and I began playing with the paper clay.  It has been inspiring, perplexing and incredibly challenging, but there is nothing and I do mean nothing that could possibly have felt better, given me artistic validation, and confirmed that I and my work do still have value than to have someone else in the arts industry recognize my work as being good enough to be a part of a National Show….even if it is limited to nudes!...and that is what makes it just a bit more fun than any old plain art exhibition!

"Naked" Lakshmi Devi

No comments:

Post a Comment