life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, January 25, 2019

It is time...

I am different, I am not meant for everyone, and I am learning that it is ok, I do not need them all to like me and I am ok with that…I think.  My self-value and self-worth have to come from inside me…my own beliefs,  not how much I contribute, how much I give, how much I do for others.  Giving is a terribly important part of being human.  I enjoy it, I do not regret a moment of time and things I have given but now I need to take care of me, too.  I may hurt some feelings, I may make some angry, it does not mean I love you less…it does mean that I love me more. It is time for me to embrace my own magic and I have to do this by myself.
"If You Could Read My Mind"  Gordon Lightfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment