life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, January 28, 2019

NOT a TV show!

Oh Hell NO!  There is no such thing! 
Although I used to think so.  I defined my family’s dysfunction with TV shows as the standard of a healthy functioning family…Boy…was that a huge mistake! 

So here are the facts….There is no “Leave it to Beaver” family!  Never has been, never will be and those that tell you differently are out and out liars! I am learning to revel in all that I have and to let go of the hurt and anger created by what I do not have...I admit it is not easy and the hurt and negativity will flow out of me with very little provocation.   There are a zillion sappy “Family is everything” quotes…Family is what we want it to be.  The relationships are defined by us,  not a TV show.
"Family Affair"  Sly and the Family Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment