life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, January 19, 2019

So Worth it!








I have learned so much about what people do not want to talk about.  This part of the journey is really up to each of us and we have to do it alone. As much as I want to share this with friends and loved ones, it is clear it is very hard for them.  Now I know, no one can do it for us or with us or even help us navigate it.  As much as they want to help, they just do not know. Although sometimes all I need is to have someone listen. I have also learned that fear is what controls most of how we approach this part of life and it can be so damaging and destructive.  But oh my! if you are willing to work through that raunchy fear, if you work yourself to the other side, this part of life can be the most freeing, joyful, celebration of life. I will confess there are still many times it can be frustrating as hell … but working through it….is so worth it.

"She is Not Afraid" One Direction

No comments:

Post a Comment