life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, January 7, 2019

More of it!

Bases and backgrounds taking shape!

Part of being a creative…is to see past the lumps and the sticks and all of the ”broken” things and finally get to the images or artwork I had in my head.  Although I have to admit that more times than not, what finally erupts and is finished turns out being better than what was in my head. The trick for me is to just let the process go...following it, rather than directing it. 

But I do direct! Maybe not in the specific art…but most definitely how I present it!  Not many people understand including artists that a lot of time and money is spent on framing or presenting artworks well.  Artists (for lack of funds, time or talent) tend to want the galleries, museums and/or buyers to do this…I have always disagreed. Perhaps I spend too much time in the presentation, but I have seen what people can do to my work when left to their own devices.  In my opinion, the presentation becomes part of the work.  Other than the work itself, it is the most influential part. So I am sure most people did not understand yesterday’s panic when the black paint I was using for the bases and canvas was drying semi-gloss-ish.  I think perhaps in a day or 2 (crossing my fingers) you will understand how important it was for me to have a flat finish behind the antiquated finish of my girls.

What I will say without hesitation, being back in the studio, has been close to magic.  I know part of it is the excitement and the hoping the “Nude Nite” jurors will see my vision and allow me into the February exhibition.  There is magic and healing power in just plain simple creativity that so many people are going to live and die without ever having truly experienced. Every day I am grateful for this magnificent gift and I need to promise myself to do more of it!
"More of That"  Eric Bibb

No comments:

Post a Comment