life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Is this the something new?






They are photographically done…
that means a lot more finishing work and paint touch up…but for now, the images are good enough for photographs to be judged by the “Nude Nite” Jury to determine if I am good enough to exhibit this year.  

Looking back, I needed to spend more time but it was a deliberate choice I made (or a really great excuse if I am not selected)…. This time…putting the holidays and time with friends and family first.  I really thought I had made a reasonable compromise by NOT doing a large piece as one of my entries this year.  But is there ever enough time when there are deadlines?  Or am I and all artists searching for the answer we ask ourselves repeatedly....Am I good enough?

Regardless of this outcome….I have enjoyed being back in the studio, working in a newer medium that I (and my heart seem to tolerate a bit easier than the pastels).  This may be the beginning of the something new I have been reaching out for!

"Something New" Tom Fletcher

No comments:

Post a Comment