life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

What makes the difference?

I think in the life of a creative, “make a difference” comes with an understood “screw up royally and regularly” clause attached.  Surely that has to be a part of making a difference!  I know, in fact I teach creatives that imploding, morally, emotionally and/or financially is not a predestined requisite of being an artist, but when I look back on the most flamboyant….. those are typically the artists we remember.  Is that expectation created by the artists or the audiences?  Was it their unique  art work, their eccentric lifestyle or their ability to break rules  that gives them that ability to not care what other think that is truly responsible for them making a difference? And  specifically what is it that makes a difference?


"Got to Get you in my Life" The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment