life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

slightly...

And I am beginning to suspect this might be one of the big secrets of life.  We are conditioned from birth to fit in and follow the rules.  We are told that true happiness and greatness only happens to those that are perfectly behaved, socially, financially, and religiously.  That is what they tell you, but when I truly see the people I admire the most, there is one common element.  Each and every one of them, without exception did the most amazing things enigmatically. 

I think the defining word here is “slightly”.  Slightly bending the rules, slightly out of step, slightly off color seems to be acceptable for others.  Slightly strange appears to be tolerable and comfortable for them.  All I have to do is reign in my strange, to “slightly” and I can maintain the image others expect.  Yep, I think slightly strange might just be my happy median.  The world might not be amazing as full out creatively strange, but slightly strange feels like a good first step!
"Strangers like Me"  Phil Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment