life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Sometimes I find beauty, sometimes not....

It is not that I always want to break the rules, but I do question all of them.

I am reminded of the story of the family dinner where mother and daughter are in the kitchen feverishly preparing a family dinner.  The mother instructs the daughter to trim the bottom of the ham before putting it in the pan and then the oven.  The daughter asks her mother “Why do we cut the bottom off of the ham?”  The mother responded “because that is just the way it is done, it is how my mother taught me, and now I am teaching you”.  The daughter still questioning the explanation her mother gave her, called her grandmother to ask “Why do we cut the bottom off of the ham?”  The grandmother quickly answers “so the ham would fit into my pan”.

It makes me wonder how much I am missing so my life fits in someone else’s pan.  So I ask the questions, and I break the rules.  Sometimes I find beauty, sometimes not.

"What a Fool Believes"  Doobie Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment