life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, September 2, 2016

The Most Vulnerable Thing I Have Ever Done

For the first time in my life, I do not have to make art to sell…but make no mistake about it, selling my work is the most spectacular feeling of creative accomplishment, artistic success, financial validation and I like it. I genuinely  like it.  Not to mention, I could really, really, really use the money.  

Releasing that desire to please a buying market and turning into  myself and  my feelings as a source of inspiration has been one of the most difficult vulnerable things I think I have ever done…..and am still doing it

I have no idea if the work I am doing is good, appealing, or in sale-able color pallets. HELL….. I am not even sure I like it!  I just know for the first time in my life I NEED to make it….for me. 

"Me"  Paula Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment