life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Wish I had more skills!

How can I know?  I guess what I really would like to know is…does anyone really know? Or do they just pretend like I do?   When we spend our lives avoiding darkness and pain…I mean most of us do not deliberately launch into pain, but we spend so much time and energy avoiding it, covering it up or fearing it. What if someone taught us just a little bit of the “how to’s” of working through life’s emotional problems and disappointments.    Buck up, don’t be a baby, why do you think you are so special, everyone goes through this, why do you think you are different…I can go on, but I will spare you.  How about instead of all the accusations hurled at those already in pain, we were taught coping and communication skills.  I think every public and private school from kindergarten through college should teach critical thinking and coping skills!  I am peddling so hard to “feel safe and steady within myself”… learning how to cope and communicate at the same time and screwing it up at least 90% of the time….wish I had more skills!

                        "Into the Mystic"  Van Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment