life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

This from an old white guy and I like it!

Old white guys and Bible-thumping Christians are in charge! They are not the adequate representation of today's American population.  I am not a man basher or a Christian hater but I often do not understand either of them.  As I watch the Kavanaugh hearings reopened, I watched the behavior and avoidance of the Republican Judiciary Committee members. (aka old white men)  It was shocking and we all need to call them out for their gross unfair behavior towards women.  It is clear how skewed our political system has become (or still is)…They have forgotten our country is for the people…all of the people, founded on equal rights for all (including our own bodies), freedom of speech and freedom of religion.  It scares the hooey out of me that a handful of old white Christian men (who absolutely benefit from us losing those rights) will be in charge of the hearings. I will be writing more letters!  (I might be on a couple of “watch” lists by now!) No one can demand I give up the great things I have right now, not for religion and not for politics...nor should they be able to unfairly control the wishes of the American people, their health and happiness...and that includes women, brown people, non-Christians, and the LGBT.  This country belongs to all of the glorious different ones of us and it belongs to us now!
"Got to Do Better"  Eric Bibb

No comments:

Post a Comment