life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, September 17, 2018

Slug-nish...


11:30 am Monday morning…not dressed…and basically trying to embrace some serious slug-nish!  Please do not get me wrong, I do slug very well, it is just I typically do it fully dressed.  That way I can fool me or anyone else that might drop by.  Today I just threw in the towel...and as ridiculous as this sounds…I am feeling guilty about it!  I feel like I  really need to be doing something.  Something productive!
Where the hell does all this guilt come from? 
I am guilty about how much my health care costs, guilty that this is going to hard on my children and grandchildren, guilty there is a ring around the toilet bowl, guilty that I don’t cook like I used to (and that was not very much then, now it is absolutely non-existent)…I am just steeped in this pity pot of miserable guilt!  I need the guilt-free slug-nish!

"Keep Breathing" Ingrid Michaelson

No comments:

Post a Comment