life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, September 28, 2018

but I still have my voice and my vote...

Yesterday and today, and perhaps the next few days I am watching an embarrassing display of this country’s congressional dysfunction.  What screamed loud and clear is that my country is run by temper tamper throwing privileged white men with a president that has not only provided a horrific role model but has sanctioned appalling, crude, unacceptable, and misogynist behavior that is typical of bullies.  Our Democracy is broken and the men we chose to defend it are now using it to their own personal political and financial advantage.  They have abandoned the constituents and the constitution they swore to uphold.  They now serve themselves and a political party over us…the people.  It is clear that the executive and legislative branch of our government and the checks and balances instituted by our forefathers are failing us and one of our last functioning hopes of re-establishing a democracy that we hold dear …is our judicial system. Yesterday was the obvious and blatant attempt to overtake the third and final check of our constitutional rights as Americans by distorting the Supreme Court. 

The last remnant of hope we have to reclaim our democracy is our vote.  They may have put a proverbial hand over Dr. Ford’s and most women’s mouths… but I still have my voice and my vote. I will proudly be using both of them against this terrifying dysfunction.  I hope you will too!
"Got to do Better"  Eric Bibb

No comments:

Post a Comment