life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, September 10, 2018

Still creating!

The pastel images I create are just a small part of it…as this disease keeps moving forward, I have had to find “other” creative.  The pastels are no doubt the most marketable and I do truly enjoy making them but the physical labor required to frame them is more than I can do now. I would frame every one of them, from cutting and joining the wood molding, cutting the mats, and the glass before applying the gold leaf and building the shadow box that the art lives in. It is a lot of work but has always been a labor of love.  Now it is time to find something that allows me to explore and restore that does not challenge my physical strength beyond what I am capable of. I have dabbled in sculpture, and recently picked sewing back up and I am enjoying both.  But I will confess when I see my pastel work I am reminded of how good I used to be, and how I never really understood that.  Maybe I was just too busy restoring my soul to notice at the time…but it must have worked….I am still here and still creating!
"The Secret of Life"  James Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment