life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Ready for more!


There are literally tons of inspirational quotes that when read makes me think….ahhhhh... good one!  I promptly acknowledge how nice it sounds, and then that wretched “censor” slithers into the back of my head, whispering “yes,  it is nice but it does not apply to you”.  It is immediately followed by a litany of “whys”.  I would look so stupid. I am not good enough. I am not smart enough. They would think I am bad…and the wretched negatives go on and on and on!  Maybe that is why I keep posting them, hoping they will eventually sink in, and I will really believe them…but this one…this one today smacked me upside the head….really hard!  There are so many things I did not do out of fear but there are many others that I fought through my fear and did them anyway…Some were colossal screw-ups and some were the times of my life! When I look back, those are the days both good and bad that I remember,  they are the ones that define me.  The good ones make me laugh...the bad ones remind me of spectacular life lessons. I am so ready to have more “screw up my courage”, just go for it, days to remember!  I never want to say “I wish I did that” again!
"You Might Die Trying"  Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment