life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

In and Out...with a cookie!

One in and one out...The new fridge is in and humming, still peeling the plastic off of it and there is a ton of it...it will probably never be this shiny again!  And scheduling is underway to turn off..the defibrillator…and for the record I do not think the SICD defib was ever shiny!  But I confess that there was a great deal of emotional comfort knowing I had a “safety net” if something cardiac went sideways.  So pretty soon I am going to be leaping without a net…and it's a little scary.  My heart is getting too weak to be “jump started” any more…and that has been a real emotional but realistic blow…as noted below it is not a new development, we have talked about it…it is the intellectual, least painful, smart thing to do... I had no idea it would affect me so much or that I could be such a weenie!  But, I sure do like my new fridge and I am a tough cookie... I can do this!
"I'm a Woman"  Koko Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment