life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

When will he ever learn?

Each time the president does or says something reprehensible….and that is on a regular basis…The “momma” in me along with all of those finger-wagging platitudes I preached rise to the surface….
”Do not call people names; even if they started it!”
“Tell the truth”                                                   
“When you are wrong….say so, apologize"
 "Accept the consequences of your actions with dignity” 
“Respect girls”
“Do not make fun of or bully people that are different from you”
“Do not call people names”
It all boils down to you cannot make yourself bigger, better or more important than someone else by tearing another person down. 

My heart breaks and I am truly frightened every time I realize that the president of this country has the mental capacity of a spoiled pre-pubescent boy that I would have sent to his room and made him write a paper on why what he has said or done was wrong and why it hurt people.  This, by the way, was one of my favorite punishments for the boys, and the length of the paper depended on how egregious the offense was.  A flagrant offense would get 5 or more pages!  I was often surprised and pleased when in their reflection and writing they would realize that the ones they hurt were themselves and/or ones they loved the most.  Will this grown man ever learn this lesson?
"Mama Told me Not to Come"  Three Dog Night

No comments:

Post a Comment