life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

what I cannot do, yet...

It seems only right that this quote is attributed to both Vincent Van Gogh and Pablo Picasso. It is deceptively complicated and simple at the same time.  I also wonder, given VVG’s obscurity and living arrangements through most of his life…who exactly was around to document this quote?  I think it sounds a bit more like PP’s ego…and, of course, his life was much more public.

“Doing what I cannot do yet”  takes time and I make a lot of mistakes.  I don’t want to chronically fail in public, who does?   Regardless of who said it, they are telling me it is ok to experiment, try new things, figure out what works for me and most of all it is ok to fail…but I want desperately to fail in the privacy of my own studio or home.  Doing what I cannot do yet, it is more than ok….it is a necessary part of creating and a very necessary part of living and it is a reminder that I am still learning.  I have to keep trying....I cannot give up.  My heart is not ready to give up.....
"You Get What You Give"  New Radicals

No comments:

Post a Comment