life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I know this is corny…but I am so happy!

Norris has found this to be a great napping place, but that may come to an end for a while!  Yesterday the Dr. feels like I have officially plateaued.  With heart failure…that is as close to remission as you get.  Heart failure will never go away, or be cured but a plateau means my body has transitioned.  It is just how this disease works…periods of decline are followed by my heart and body adjusting and learning how to function with the lower amount of blood flow…it almost feels normal!  The ability to just function is a great thing….and functioning well enough for the Dr. to give me thumbs up to get back on my treadmill (on a limited basis)….AKA my Prozac!  Just walking does so much good for my head.  It helps the way I see and deal with the challenges of everyday life.  Better than any of the medicines they could give me for the crappy depression that crawls into my life under the guise of, just part of this disease. I know it is not my style to follow the rules and behave, but when it comes to this...my hospice team knows their stuff.  They lay all the cards on the table...face up...and we make choices together....no judgment from them about how I chose to do this, just total support!  They know how to make the best of this, and I am so lucky to have them!  This is my life Norris you are going to have to move over! I know this is corny…but I am so happy!
"Happy"  Pharrell Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment