life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I write to expose and work through the ugly parts of this disease, open heart surgery that was less than successful and more recently an S-ICD (internal cardiac defibrillator) implanted in my chest that will hopefully restore my heart beat in case of sudden cardiac death. I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to learn how to live a full life with heart failure, to honor my creativity, and to explore all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say
"Don't talk like that!"


.

.
Music is loading really slow lately...sorry...

Monday, September 4, 2017

Cheeky but it works....

Each day I am reminded…whether I am looking in the mirror, swallowing a handful of pills, sucking up O2 to have enough breath to speak my mind or the hearing yet another news story of another one of my musical heroes from my youth is gone. I cannot escape the undeniable fact that my time is waning. My body is screaming “old woman” but my heart has so much more to feel, do, experience. Perhaps if I am bit “wilder” I could be “Reelin in the Years”…Yea…I know that was so cheeky but it worked!
Steely Dan, your music…your work is in my heart always…..

And the flipping cloud storage site is down again so here is the youtube version..

No comments:

Post a Comment