life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

The only "normal" I want to admit to....



Farwell, Irma and good riddance!  We finally have power, but holy crap what a week it has been!  It is never just about the storm itself (like that is not bad enough) but the aftermath.  The downed trees, the mess, no power, no gas, no stores, no internet, no 4G phone service, the oppressive heat and I could go on and on and on.  But 6 days later, life is indeed getting closer to normal.  It has taken a whole lot of vodka, tonic and squeezed limes to work my way back to “normal”.  Getting electricity, AC, cell phone service and the internet back is an absolute delight…and let’s just say that is the only normal I want to admit to. 

          "Trying to Reason with a Hurricane"  Jimy Buffet

No comments:

Post a Comment