life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Being passionate is indeed the shit!

This past week was an absolute exercise in focusing on all that we have instead of what we do not!  For a few short days, I have been exposed to how many people in this world live every day. No power, no running water (and ours ran just not drinkable)…and as far as cable, internet and cell phones, all I can say is …I am truly spoiled.  I was so lucky, heart failure has taught me to have plenty of radical living and loving practice, focusing and celebrating everything I could do, rather than grieving what I cannot.  It translated well in this past week’s situation. I have so many amazing many people in my life, some I didn’t even know (electrical linemen) that came from all over the country to restore my power, friends that loaned us a generator and an air conditioner, and those that kept in contact, keeping me focused other wonderful parts of life that I had truly forgotten existed. It was an opportunity to truly experience giving and receiving. Being passionate about life and love is the shit! and it reminded me that I want to be this passionate every single day!!
"Crazy Love"  Van Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment