life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Hope is overrated!

Hope is overrated! Hope is a concept that we throw around as if it were magic…but it is not.  Please know that I am not advocating that you or I not have any hope, but do so carefully!  Hope alone will not change anything and hope that someone else will do or be something different is futile too. Hope, for the most part, is an empty promise.  I have hoped for so much but more often than not, my hopes were not realized.  So, I do not hope anymore.  That may sound cynical to most, but the reality is I think I am a much happier person because I accept what “is” and build my life and my happiness around that.  I do not waste time hoping for something that will never be. I have learned to take what comes….and make the best of it.  That does not mean I do not receive miracles daily…because I do!  But it was not until I gave up wasting time on “hope” for the future that I could see the gifts and miracles that happen every day.  I live by celebrating today, rather than wasting time hoping for what might be tomorrow.
"Be Honest"  Jason Mraz

No comments:

Post a Comment