life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Breaking Silence

"Love Potions" are taking over the porch! We install the work on Sat with the artist reception on the following Sat. and I am scared to death. The 3 large canvas paintings are just too big for my studio.  The newest (and just finished) sculpture is out on the porch, paint drying.  I have had such growth with this work! It is not the work you are expecting to see from me; it is not the pretty pictures of flowers, landscapes, life studies. That work was created for others, to like, to sell. It does not matter if this work sells, it matters that I turn my heart inside out and tell you a story. 

It’s a love letter to myself, confirmation that I will go on, flamboyant, vulnerable and disturbing.  It is my heart screaming….can you hear me….this is what it looks like!


"Breaking Silence"  Janis Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment