life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Here it is! My battery back up!

Here it is!  This is what is now inside of me….about 3.5 inches long and maybe 3 inches wide about a 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch thick and it is quite heavy.  They let me see and hold it before surgery.  It has been implanted on my side about boob height with a wire that runs in me and up to my heart.  One big incision and two more little ones and day 2, they are still quite sore, but it is done and it is all good!  From here on out if my heart cannot recover from erratic electrical and dangerous heart beats, my hickey will kick in and shock my heart and do it for me!  It is a pretty terrific thing!  ICD technology is not all that new, but it is changing so fast….this is the latest technology and they have asked me to be a part of the research study, I have said yes and am looking forward to being a part of the growth of medical technology.  I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment