life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

It is the last time I will give away my power...


Most of my life, I have done “should” and “must”  without realizing I even had a choice to make.

Yesterday I made a choice for no other reason than the doctors said I should and I must.  I did what they wanted me to do, even though it is not what I wanted to do.  I hated  the choice, I hated myself for giving in!

It is the last time I will give away my power .   I will take responsibility for this choice, but I will not make another choice in my life based on what someone else says that I must or what I should do…My choices have to be about what gives my life meaning!


"From me to You"  Janis Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment