life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Monsters

The Art Journal group pushes. Until this week it pushed me creatively. It always gave me an opportunity to try different mediums and styles. Just a small page, to express another artist’s idea in any style or medium I want to try. But this month…oh boy this month I drew the art journal that wants me to share my “monsters” to identify them, bring them into the light and expose them. Through AW I have learned how to identify and manage the “crazymakers” in my life, and that was how I first approached this, but then I realized that monsters and crazymakers are not the same thing. I can choose who, how many or how often I allow crazymakers (people) in my life…MONSTERS have a life of their own, they are not people, they are not necessarily real, but the damage they can create is real. This month’s journal has made me openly wrestle with the fact that the monster and the healing are the same creature.


"Ironic"  Alanis Morissette

No comments:

Post a Comment