life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence!

detail of "Careful with My Words" 35 x 48
Working on pieces for Nude Nite gave me the outrageous opportunity to emotionally work through my latest cardiology reports.

Three pages about my test results, my general “non-compliant” attitude (I would like to mention here that those who complied are dead or will die, too) and down grading my disease to stage 3 heart failure. Book pages in the textured background are torn out of the book “The End of Faith” by Sam Harris hide my latest medical report also incorporated in the image texture.

It was necessary for me to marry those 2 pieces of written work behind the image “Careful with My Words”. The work rebels, it tells the truth, and still it keeps my secrets!

Whether I get in to Nude Nite or not, I have worked through the emotions. It really is the greatest rebellion!  art speaks....art heals!


 "Funny the Way it is"  Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment