life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

wasted time....





YEEEEE-OUCH! I do not think anyone ever taught me how to determine what is worth my time…I mean clearly, there was do a good job, take care of your children, clean your house and yard oh yes and go to church!  Sounded reasonable to me….everyone else was doing it…You know what else they were doing? They were talking about, criticizing, making fun of, and getting angry about anyone that did not do it just like they did.  I look back and I wonder…why did I ever care if they did it the same way I did?  After choosing not to do it “their” way, and yes a good part of that is a natural outcrop of age, I realize and grieve about how much time and life I lost…I am not wasting any more time!  Living, loving, laughing, nothing else seems important anymore.
"Light on"  Mark Ballas

No comments:

Post a Comment