life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Speaking Volumes!

"Double Crossed" is a recent remake of an earlier version after a long sabbatical from layered paper pastel work.  It is a simple composition and a study of the theory presented by Dan Brown in his novels that featured the fictional character Robert Langdon, an ancient “symbologist”.  The author speculates that in the 15th -17th century and beyond, secret societies that were exploring mathematics and science were threatened as heretics by the Catholic Church. It became necessary for them to communicate publically through simple secret symbols.  This theory is more than just fiction and does have some examples and support of existence. Evidence suggests that the symbol for a female was the chalice and the male was the blade, both were physically iconic of the male and female sexual organs. Simply interpreted the “\/” became the female symbol of the chalice and the “/\” became the male symbol of the blade.  In exploring the theory,  I found it was much easier than I imagined incorporating those symbols in a piece of work.  I can easily see how if the symbols were kept simple in concept, that any piece of art could be speaking volumes and revealing secrets that the world is oblivious to!
"Who Says"  John Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment