life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, February 26, 2018

no more....no more...

I try not to let my blog get too political; however, I will confess I have not been really that good recently.  It does slip in on a fairly regular basis and it is typically when I am so horribly frustrated that this is the only place I can share my feelings without being blasted like I get on Facebook.  I will say I had changed my strategy a bit and promised myself if I did extend my political view, it would be from a positive action point of view, not just bitching and complaining.  That went better but still drew really rude and ignorant responses.  It has occurred to me, no one wants to think…they want me to be wrong. 

I can no longer keep quiet and it was those amazing kids from the Parkland high school shooting that reminded me how loud and obnoxious I used to be about political issues…. 18-year-olds voting….stop the war…women’s abortions rights…  Then I got married, had children and turned into a big blob of milk toast.   I sincerely regret that.  But I will continue writing my congresspeople, Senators, State Reps…I will never ever ever give them a moment of silence, a meaningless prayer, any support or contributions.  They have cheated me, lied to me, and do nothing except line their own pockets with special interest contributions.  As long as you keep supporting them they will continue taking advantage of my complicit ignorance, they count on it…no more….no more.
"Got to do Better"  Eric Bibb

No comments:

Post a Comment